Oh how we miss her so! You don't realize how much a little doggie can grab at your heartstrings until they are gone. Charity really was a neat dog...a crazy little pup. She had so much energy. The energy in the house and with the other dogs has just dropped. I think the other doggies really realized yesterday that she wasn't coming back. Copper was sitting in the sunroom where he could look out the windows into the back yard and seemed to be watching for her. Even Jubilee seemed sad, she came into the kitchen and did this little wimper-sigh which really isn't her. The mood has been very down in the dump for all of us. Cowboy seems to be doing better, he is able to talk about her occassionally without his eyes filling up with tears. He watched it all happen and just can't get it out of his mind, that is what gets him the most, that is what he sees when he thinks of her instead of all the silly goof funny things she used to do. It is quite an adjustment for all of us. We don't know what to do about the new beagle pup. Do we really want to get another puppy now? We haven't decided yet.
It was kindaof nice to get back to work and be distracted by things and not think about this terrible weekend as much. I think that will help Richie when he goes back to work tomorrow. That is if he can make it to work. It sounds like it might be a yucky day tomorrow with ice, sleet, rain, and snow. I wouldn't mind a snow day. I have a list a mile long to get done and of course didn't get a minute to myself today during the inservice. BUT good news about school....we were asked today to sketch out a plan for K-5 computer classes! We are definitely getting the computer lab back in the elementary school and may be looking at placing a full time teacher there to teach K-5!!! I am so excited and just wish I had about five days to put together plans, lessons, proposals and of course my resume to get everything into place. I hope everything works out, we can get the program up and running and they consider me for the position. Maybe my teaching dreams will come true sooner than I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment