Well, its a start of a new year. Hello 2011! I can't believe how quickly life is zipping by me. It seems like just yesterday I was spending time with my high school friends getting excited about graduating and going to college. Now, here I am 17 years later, married to the Cowboy of my dreams, living in a gorgeous home in the country with 5 dogs running around our yard. Wow!
2010 was a busy busy year. I started the year as being newly engaged and planning a wedding in four months. I was also in over my head teaching my second year of high school and feeling like I was drowning many days. However, "this too shall pass" and indeed it did. Cowboy and I got married in April and then I finished out the school year feeling much more confident and ready for my third year. I LOVED my summer vacation and enjoyed spending time with friends and family, working in the yard, keeping up with my huge garden, canning and freezing my garden goodies, and training for a PR in my 7th half marathon. I started my third year of teaching high school but also began teaching a block of middle school 6th graders each day. I really, really enjoyed teaching middle school again and the high school classes are MUCH easier now that I am not trying to teach myself the material one day ahead of the students. So 2011 - let's see what you have in store for me!
I've been reading so many blogs lately, that I thought I would go ahead and give it a try myself. Hopefully I can find the time in between teaching, running, hunting and taking care of my doggie crew and Cowboy to update regularly. My Cowboy and I enjoy taking our beagle out hunting for rabbits and the coon hounds out to chase racoons quite often. Well my Cowboy does the hunting often, I join in now and then. Cowboy just loves to hunt, trap and be in the woods regardless - that is where he likes to spend his free time. I on the other hand enjoy working on little project indoors, taking care of the garden in the summer and running.
So, here's my "off-the-cuff, not-a-lot-of-thought" resolutions for the new year: 1) keep up the running and train for another half marathon this summer. 2) incorporate more cross training in my workouts including lifting weights. 3) accomplish some of my work related goals. 4) spend time with my loved ones more often. 5) update the blog on a regular basis.
Well time to get busy getting some things done and preparing for our annual New Year's Day meal.
QOTD: Do you have a traditional meal you eat on New Year's Day?
We have always had pork, sauerkraut and dumplings on New Year's Day and you have to eat some sauerkraut otherwise you won't have any good luck in the new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment