Winter break is so wonderful and it is so sad when it comes to an end oh so quickly. I guess I should be glad I am so lucky to have a job that has a winter break. I remember when I worked in the "real world" and only had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off. It just never felt like the Holidays when I only had two days.
So back to the grind I went this morning. Luckily my lesson plans had me and the students easing back into our routine. After school I met up with my Dad for a run around town. It felt really good to get back out again for the third day in a row. My IT band and groin muscle felt so much better today. I wasn't left with that ache twinge that I had on Saturday and Sunday. I felt good and could have kept going but we kept it to just 2.5 miles.
Tomorrow I plan on resting and then running 3 on Wednesday and am hoping to get at least 2 miles in before we fly out on Thursday. I'm starting to get excited about going to Orlando. It's been four years since I was in Orlando and that was to run the Marathon back in 2007. Now it will be my turn to run the half and watch my dad, sister and SIL run the full. I wish I could have trained for it, but it is just so hard to squeeze things in with teaching. Maybe someday I will train for another marathon but we will see...I find the half marathon distance much for enjoyable.
No comments:
Post a Comment