Sunday, May 8, 2011

Workouts while doing the little things.

Workout:  2 hour walk/hike with Cabella and Macy
20 min walk with Doggies

As I was getting ready to my post this morning I was thinking back to yesterday and originally thought I didn't get a workout in yesterday.  However, there was a "workout" in a lot of what I did yesterday, even if it wasn't full out cardio and strength training. 

From trotting clothes back and forth to the clothes line, walking the dgos around the property, and taking the little beagles to the Club to chase rabbits I did get some exercising in.  I think I got about three loads of laundry done before 8 am and hung out on the line.  I then too Cabella and Macy over to the club and I hiked around club as they chased rabbits in circles.  It warmed up pretty quickly yesterday morning before the storms came through and was beautiful out.  On the hike I would take little breaks and do some simple stretching as I waited for the girls to run a rabbit by me.    It felt good to enjoy a quiet morning.

Before I started my list of afternoon appointments, I left the rest of the doggies out and walked with them around our property for a while.  I had to head into town at noon though, so their "free time" was cut short.  I had my laptop checked out and have come to the conclusion I just need to buy a new one rather than spend $300.00 or more to fix it. UGH

Yesterday was my goddaughters dance recital so I went and helped get her ready and into her beautiful costume before the show.  She did a beautiful job in the Sugar and Spice tap routine.  All the groups were absolutely adorable but B's group was the best of course.  We walked back to their house after the recital before I made my way back to my own home for the evening. 


All in all a very productive Saturday.  It was nice to just make my way through the day on my own schedule and agenda and not have to worry about what Cowboy was up to, or what he wanted to do.  I enjoy days where I can just do my thing.  Speaking up that, I better get busy and enjoy my "free day" before the husband gets home from his hunting trip.



1 comment:

Julia said...

such a cute pic!! sounds like you had such a relaxing day :) love days like that!