Monday, May 2, 2011

Workout Blues

Another Monday wrapped up, thank goodness.  I have been having a bit of the workout blues this past week.  I have still been getting in a few runs with my dad, sister and SIL.  BUT I haven't done any other cross training.  I was doing really good there with the Jillian Michaels: 6 pack, Ripped and Yoga Meltdown and the 10 Min Pilates for a straight 10 weeks.  I usually got in at least three workouts a week.  This past week though I just couldn't convince myself to do them since it's been nice out.  I'd much rather be outside working in the flowerbeds or playing with the doggies. 

I am looking forward to finishing up the school year so I can get into a routine and focus on not only cross training but also training for two half marathons. I  am planning on doing a half in August before school starts up again and a second one the week after my little Sister's wedding in September.    I guess rather than typing up my frustrations about not cross training I should just go get a quick workout in.  Time to put in the crab cakes and scallops into the oven and spend at least 10 mins doing some Pilates. 

I hope everyone else is having better luck at motivating themselves to workout.  Enjoy your day! 

PS All the visitors from Skinny Runner's site, thanks for stopping by and visiting!!  Please check out my blog.  I just entered the blogging world back in January and am slowly getting the hang of things.  I don't have anything too exciting to post about, but enjoy typing up my random thoughts about life, my doggies and of course running and working out.  I know many of you struggle with the same running and workout challenges that I do.  I enjoy reading your blogs and hope that you can enjoy reading mine as well.  Please say hi and if you so choose become a follower!  I'd love to see the numbers in my followers list increase a little. :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

hey girl! dont even stress...I know the motivation will come back. just hang in there :)