Workout: 30 mins Yoga, 20 mins walk, 10 mins stretching
This time I will have more alone time that I bargained for. Cowboy has gotten called away to fight a forest fire and may be gone for up to 18 days. I was just saying on Friday that I enjoyed the hunting weekends to get some alone time, but I have a feeling by about day 5 of this trip I will be more than ready for Cowboy to get home. Who am I kidding, I'm ready for him to come home tomorrow. I spent many years as a single girl and was quite good at spending time by myself but since I've met and married Cowboy I have gotten quite accustomed to having him around. This will be the first time he's been gone for longer than 3 days and left me with six dogs. I think I will have my hands full!
I wouldn't let myself write my blog until I got my workout and stretching in. I love the Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown DVD. The level two workout is my favorite. It isn't the traditional yoga, she calls it a hybrid yoga and has you do the poses in reps and then hold the pose. I feel so good when I get done. It is by far my favorite workout.
If you are looking for a good DVD workout that isn't crazy with cardio and weights but still a great, leave you sweating and having little feel good muscle quakes this is a good one. I know SB from Running is a Life just picked it up on sale at Amazon.com.
One thing I hate about being alone is cooking for myself. I hate going through the effort of cooking for just one so my meals tend to be a little skimpy. Since I didn't have much lunch today though I tried to cook a good meal. I just tossed a few things together but it turned out really well. I made a little Dried Tomato and Garlic Pesto from Tastefully Simple and put that on top of chicken and cheese tortellini. It was delicious! I bought a rotisserie chicken from Sam's club and figure that will be most of meals for the week. Chicken sandwiches for lunch, chicken salad, and my favorite leftover chicken casserole. Anyone else have some good chicken recipes or casseroles?
I just heard from the husband and he might not be gone as long as the usual 18 day trips which is good!! But we will have to wait and see.
I almost forgot go check out HungryRunnerGirl's newest giveway. She is giving away a new pair of New Balance Minimus shoes. They look so neat. I think I would like to give them a try at least for hiking with the puppies on the trails or for everyday comfy use.

1 comment:
I am sorry to hear that your husband will be gone longer than expected! Hoping for the best and that he gets home early :)
Thanks for sharing that yoga dvd! I have been looking for a way to do yoga at home and this looks perfect! I may give it a try!
Post a Comment