Today's Workout: 3.6 miles in 31 mins with Dad and SB.
Yesterday's Workout: 4.3 miles in 37 mins with Dad.
I felt pretty good yesterday. A little frustrated with my students but that is to be expected in May. I got a good run in with my Dad before the rain hit. It was a lot warmer than I thought it would be but actually had a really good run. I always struggle in the beginning of spring/summer getting use to the weather change. Hopefully my body is getting use to things.
We did a loop around a local park and then ran out and back half of the bike path. We kept a really good pace even though Dad was coughing up a lung must of the run. My knees and IT band felt the best they have in a long time. Can compression capris help with IT band and knee issues?? I just got them and seem to feel a difference when I wear them.
When I got home from the run though the grumpy pants must have found me. I was quite crabby and couldn't shake it. This morning I woke up and was still crabby. Somehow I managed through the day without screaming at a student. By 3 pm I was really looking forward to my run to attempt run the crabbiness out of me.
Since I teach in a classroom with no windows I had no idea what it was like today. It was quite chilly today but once I got moving I warmed up quickly. Dad, SB and I met down at the local college and ran around campus. It was windy today, but the campus buildings broke things up and we didn't really notice it until the end. The pace wasn't as fast as yesterday but I felt good again. We had great conversations going the whole run which made it go by fast. My Dad had me laughing pretty good at his story about a scary jellybean.
I think the run helped. I felt much less crabbier when I got home. I attempted to make homemade pizza tonight for the first time. I started at 5:30 and didn't get to eat the pizza until 7:45. I don't think it is suppose to take two hours. And if it does take that long I should have fluffy delicious pizza crust not the flat, hard, rock like crust we ate. I think the yeast with an expiration date of 5/5/2011 might have expired a while ago.
One of these days I will tackle these troubles I have with making breads and pizza crusts that actually rise. Anyone have good pizza crust recipes to share???
1 comment:
I agree...running can usually help pull me out of a negative mood as well :) I need to figure out what my mom's pizza crust recipe is...hers is always so delicious! have a fabulous day!
Post a Comment