Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Green Feet

Workout:  4.0 mile run in 34:43 (8:37 pace) with SB, 10 mins stretching

What a nice day!  School was pretty good.  The usual ups and downs for a day in May.  I had trouble resisting the pleas to go outside with my Accounting students but I know they and I wouldn't want to do any work once we got outside. 

I got a run in right after school with SB


We met down at the local River Walk to enjoy the sunshine and get in a nice four mile run.  My legs were really tired the first two miles.  I felt like I was carrying cinder blocks around my ankles.  When we headed back I finally loosened up a bit but still felt "heavy".  I hope I run the heaviness out of my legs before Saturday's race. We had a good chance to chat, catch up and talk about all the blogs we've been visiting. 

When I got home I worked on cutting down the grass jungle.  I started out on the riding lawnmower but it was making a horrible screech so I put it away and got out my push mower.  Took me about an hour and a half and I got the main yard taken care of.  So I got in at least another .5 mile, some upper body work pushing that thing around and lovely green feet.  Someday I will learn not to mow grass in sandals! :)

It made for a long day but I enjoyed all the sunshine and time outdoors.  Oh and I had my favoritest casserole for dinner so all in all a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I am loving all the time you are getting outdoors...it sounds so relaxing :) Awesome run!