So a few days ago I told you about a simple winter project I was working on. I’ve been wanting one of these little carts that fit in between the washer and dryer since we moved into our home back in 2008. I looked at them several time in the stores, bookmarked the page in catalogs but never spent the $40 + to get it. I am so glad I didn’t because I made my own for under $15.00.
I am betting mine will last a lot longer than the plastic kind too. It was a great little project for winter break. It didn’t take me that long and I did most of it myself. Cowboy did help me screw it all together since I needed two sets of hands for that. I messed up on it a few times and made myself too many shelves by gluing two boards together instead of three. Therefore, three of my shelves were two inches two short – but it still worked out. We are both pretty happy with it. I still need to sand it down and put a few coats of clear stain on it. That will wait till it warms up a bit.
All in All a great project, great use of supplies we already had and something to be proud of that will last for a long time – plus I can always repurpose it for a bookcase if it is no longer needed in the laundry room.
No comments:
Post a Comment