Friday, December 30, 2011

Keeping Active

Although I didn't "work out" yesterday or today, I was extremely active.  Being active with walks, hikes, lifting wood and rocks, sweeping and scrubbing the floor kept me busy and gave me that extra boost of energy that I often get from working out.  Plus it is great to look back at everything I accomplished!

Yesterday I started putting together a little project.  I've been wanting a little shelf/organizer that slides between my washer and dryer like this one:


So I dug into our stacks of lumber, Cowboy has laying around, picked out a few pieces and got busy sketching, planning, measuring, cutting, and gluing.  Today I was able to plane down some of the shelves and finish gluing together the ends.  Hopefully by Monday I will have some pictures of my finished project.  With all my supplies I've only spent $14.00 but advertised online the shelf costs around $40.00!  Score for saving money and building something by myself.  Cowboy only had to help me with the biscuit cutter (I'm not sure that is the official name or spelling of the tool we used, but that is what I call it.)

I also went on a four hour hike/adventure through the woods with Cowboy and the 'coon dogs last night.  What an adventure it was.  Needless to say my legs and feet were tuckered out from walking stumbling around the woods in my big ol' insulated boots and dressed like the staypuff marshmallow woman.  We got home at 1:30 and I was tucked in bed by 1:43.  That was WAY past this girl’s bedtime.

Time to go get in a quick Pilates workout, stretch out my muscles and work on these abs a bit before enjoying homemade ruben sandwiches...um, um, um.  Hoping to hit up the gym tomorrow and go for another short run to keep this workout motivation moving right along.

1 comment:

fancy nancy said...

LOVE that shelf! I love being outside this time of year soaking in the fresh air!