I discovered a delicious dinner for one. So delicious that after making it and inhaling it last night I waited anxiously all day to get home and make it again tonight. It was fabulous! I did not take the time to take any pictures for you – but trust me when I say this is a great dinner.
Before I share the recipe, I have a confession to make… I had sautéed spinach for the first time last week and have discovered my love for cooked spinach. I’ve had chopped spinach in a lot of meals before and Green Monster smoothies but never had spinach by itself. So I decided to stock up and find some recipes to use spinach. I did a search for chicken and spinach recipes and discovered this one and tweaked it a bit (reduced to one serving and left out the mushrooms)
Balsamic Chicken with Spinach and Tomatoes for One
- 3 handfuls of prewashed spinach
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, uncooked
- Tastefully Simple Seasoning salt
- Pepper
- Diced Tomatoes
- Kraft Light Sicilian Roasted Garlic – Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Sargento’s Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Italian
Directions:
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Place spinach in the bottom of the dish. Place chicken on top of the spinach; season chicken with seasoning salt and pepper. Place the tomatoes on top of the chicken. Pour the dressing over the spinach, chicken, tomatoes. Top with the cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Simple. Easy. Perfect!!! I ate it just like that, but the recipe suggested serving over angel hair pasta or rice. It was so yummy. Only one dirty pan to clean up – my kind of cooking! Now its time for some exercise!
QOTD: Any delicious spinach recipe or links to share?
1 comment:
YUM! this sounds perfect for me!!! i love all the ingredients. i dont cook with spinach very often but i love to make a salad with fresh spinach!!
Post a Comment