Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday’s Tip

Today is just a short little tip and reminder.  TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!!  I always notice quite a difference in myself when I take or don’t take my daily vitamins.  I am forgetful and hate taking any kind of medicine or pills.  But I’ve found a few things that work for me.

Eating right and meeting all the daily requirements of nutrients is of course most important.  But sometimes you can’t get all your body needs from your usual food intake.  A multivitamin can help – if you are taking the right vitamin for you.  Again, I am not a health care professional so please do your research, talk to other people and most importantly talk to your doctor to find out what multivitamin would be best for you.

vitamins-womens_300 gummy vitamins

Right now I am just taking a multivitamin for women and a few extra supplements like vitamin C, and E. But I found that I have to take all of them with food otherwise my tummy gets a little upset.  I have discovered the gummy vitamins for adults. (YUM!!) They are a lot easier to remember since they taste like candy and I don’t have to take them with food. So sometimes I switch back and forth.

My iron levels are low if I am not taking vitamins, which tends to make me feel run down rather quickly.  That is usually the key for me to remember my vitamins.  I also notice a difference in my hair, skin and nails when I take my vitamins regularly.  There are lots of great advantages of taking vitamins and as with everything a downside can always be found too.  But I tend to think that vitamins are good for you.  Nowadays there are some many different kinds and companies are doing lots to help customers find and take the right vitamins.

Stop on over to visit Fancy Nancy, at Living the Dream.  She has a great post about Vitamins, specifically the new Centrum ProNutrients line.  Plus you take a survey from Centrum to find out what you are missing in your diet and can enter her giveaway to win products from Centrum.  The giveaway ends tomorrow!

QOTD:  How do you remember to take your vitamins?  What supplements have you found are good for runners?

1 comment:

fancy nancy said...

I put my vitamins out on the counter before I go to bed! Thanks so much Heather for the link!