Saturday, October 1, 2011

A month long hiatus....

...but I've returned!  Hello Friends!  Sorry to be gone so long from the writing end of the blogging world.  I stopped posting my own blogs this past month, but I didn't stop reading yours.  I enjoyed keeping up with you but just didn't have the motivation or time to get my own thoughts down onto the keyboarding and into the computer.

September was and always is a crazy month and I am kindaof glad it is over with.  I'm ready for things to get back to normal and into a routine.  Just a quick recap of what happened at the end of August and all of September - in bullet form because I'd  never have time to type it all out in paragraph form
  • Finished half marathon below my goal time, but finished strong
  • Back to school preparations and in service
  • Busy working with a student teacher
  • Severe allergies, resulting in a crazy sinus infection
  • Labor Day 5k all stuffy and barely able to breathe
  • Flood and no school for 2 1/2 days
  • Roads and bridges washed out
  • Adjusting to a crazy teaching schedule with middle school and high school kids
  • Lots of Lesson Planning
  • My Sister's Wedding Weekend with rehersal dinner, bachelorette party, wedding, reception, and gift opening/eatalltheleftoverfood gathering.
  • Still fighting a crazy sinus infection
  • Air Show and Hot Air Balloon Ride
  • Doctors and dentists appointments
  • Shopping for a new car
  • Rain, rain and more rain can really dampen your spirits
  • Another half marathon with crazy hills and only 4 days of running during the month of September.  Rough...but I finished in 2 hrs and 12 mins.
  • Buying a new car
  • Surviving the month of September

The shadow of our hot air balloon.

6 of the 9 balloons that went up for a ride that day.

The Balloon Glow!  What a neat adventure!
Oi!  After typing all that I am really glad that October is here.  Fall weather, cooler temps, leaves changing colors, the smell of apples and pumpkins baking....my favorite time of the year.  Today is a day to get myself back into the grove.  Cleaning my house, decorating for fall, baking apples and desserts, making homemade applesause, and making homemade New England clam chowder in a bread bowl.  YUMMY!

Here's hoping October treats me well and I will be back soon to write again.  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!! 

QOTD:  What month of the year is always craziest for you??

3 comments:

fancy nancy said...

Yeah September is always crazy going back to school teaching for me too! Glad it is behind me!! Even more glad to have you back!!

Heather said...

Thank you Nancy!! I am glad to be back as well. Now if only I can get back into the routine of running too.

SbMac said...

YEA YOUR BACK!! Do I even need to compare my Sept with you? I think we are even!