I love Indian Summer days. It feels like fall, but with that touch of summer in the air which makes for another gorgeous day. I got a lot done and had a chance to relax as well.
Richie and I got up early and went to help finish up the roof we were re-doing for my Aunt. The boys got most of it done yesterday, so this morning it only took about 2 hours to finish up. It is amazing how quickly roofing can get done when the roof is full of people the whole way across. When we got home we got busy taking care of the garden to get it ready for winter. I also got some other things ready for winter as well.
After all that hard work a nap was on the schedule before taking my beagles to the club to chase some rabbits around. It was so beautiful this evening. The club is out in the middle of nowhere and the running pen we were in is on top of the hill. Here's a pictures from earlier this summer from the top of the hill and then a few cell phone pictures of the gorgeous sunset tonight.
Such a peaceful way to wrap up my wonderful day. When we got home I cooked up some of my homegrown pumpkins and am anxiously waiting for breakfast. I am going to try out Clean Eating Chelsey's very yummy looking oatmeal pumpkin pancakes. I am also going to make up some pumpkin bread which I haven't made before and if I have any pumpkin left over a pumpkin pie will be next on the list. In case, I haven't mentioned it...I.LOVE.FALL.!!!!!! This is definitely my favorite time of the year for soooo many reasons.
QOTD: What is your favorite pumpkin receipe?



1 comment:
Enjoy cooking with your pumpkin!
I did some of that this weekend for the first time in my life. First, a pumpkin pie my family was begging for. Then some pumpkin soup because I thought it sounded neat. Why oh why didn't I make more soup? And now we are all left snacking on the roasted seeds. :)
Post a Comment