Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rain, rain, go away.

I can't believe it is raining again.  I should believe it by now, because that is all it does around here anymore.  We haven't seen very much of that big yellow ball in the sky.

I didn't get as much done as I wanted to yesterday, but I definitely had a chance to relax and take it easy.  I think today is another one of those days after I work on getting some lesson plans and grading done.  I made the house smell delicious yesterday with some baked goodies and I whipped up my favorite snack, Spinach and Artichoke dip.  It was so yummy.  Last night I made my homemade New England clam chowder and am looking forward to the leftovers on this rainy dreary day.

As for running, since this blog is suppose to be about running, it just hasn't been happening.  I hope it was just the month of September but I really struggled with getting myself out the door for a run.  I still enjoy running just not with the same passion that I had years ago.  I like to keep my fitness and cardio level up so I don't want to give up running but I just don't know how to motivate myself to stick with it.  The only tried and true way for me is to put some races on my calendar.  If I know that I have a race coming up I usually manage to get myself out the door.  So I thought I would put together a few goals and races for October.
  • Run at least 2 days a week but hopefully 3
  • Do Yoga or Pilates once a week
  • Do two 5k's at the end of October
  • Make two clean-eating (non processed food) meals a week
  • Make overnight oats at least twice a week for breakfast
  • Blog at least three times a week to keep myself accountable
Hopefully those goals help me to keep on track a little better as I start to get into my fall/winter schedule.  I am finding it challenging to balance a lot of stuff this year and I don't know why that is. Maybe it is old age setting in.  Ugh to getting older!

QOTD:  Does setting goals or planning races help keep you on track?

No comments: