Sunday, October 30, 2011

First Time for Everything

This weekend so far, I've had two firsts...

First Snow Fall - As I look at my window this morning it looks like Christmas time.  Everything is white, everywhere.  The snow is covering all the tree branches and it looks like a winter wonderland  - on October 30th.  Yikes....what is the rest of the winter going to look like?  I am a little scared!

First Overall Female - I met up with my sisters for another race this weekend.  It was another small, really small  race - only about 35 walkers and runners.  They were well organized and did give out technical t-shirt instead of cotton t-shirts.  Which is unusual in these neck of the woods.  But the smalls weren't really smalls so I got mine in a size Cowboy could wear.  The girls and I did a quick warmup before the race started and then we were off. 

Many of the regulars weren't there and within just the first half mile of the race I realized that I was first female.  At the turnaround I was able to see my sisters and just 2 other ladies behind me.  I definitely wasn't super speedy, but I did manage to keep a decent 8 minute pace to keep the lead.  I finished in the same time as last week 24:05.  Robyn finished as second female and Manda finished as fourth female.  SB is having some issues with her leg/ankle, so she just walked it.  Needless to say - that girl walks at a jogging pace.  We went back to get her and bring  her in and none of us could walk at her pace.  We all had to break into a jog to keep up. 

Overall it was a good race and if the weather hadn't been so yucky (rainy, cold, dreary and snow looming) I think they might have gotten a few more runners.  This is a busy time for races though - I think there was a least two other races in the area.!

The rest of my day was really nice. I ran some errands and then came home to snuggle with my doggies, drink hot chocolate and watch the snow fall.  Today I have some cleaning to do and then my FAVORITEST little trick-or-treater is coming to visit.  I will be sure to take some pictures of that little cutie!

QOTD:  What is the earliest snowfall you've experienced?

2 comments:

Julia said...

wow! cant believe its snowing. so crazy. i am totally not ready for that. congrats on a well-run race and first place...thats incredible!

not sure of the earliest snow fall i have experienced but the latest was definitely this year when it snowed on Memorial Day!!

fancy nancy said...

I was so happy it didn't snow here...it did everywhere else in MA! One day here is snowed on April Fool's Day! Way to go on getting in first!!!!