Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Dance Misinterpreted

This morning I laid in bed and listened carefully holding my breathe. I didn't believe what my little ears heard, so I jumped out of bed and was so excited to see that it wasn't raining.  I did a little happy dance and started on with my day.  Not 30 minutes later it started to rain.  I think my happy dance was misinterpreted as a rain dance and I've learned my lesson.  I am hoping Mr.WeatherMan is right and the sun comes out to stick around a while on Wednesday and throughout the week.

I didn't managed to get a run in today due to a meeting after work, but I am going planning on a short two miles tomorrow with Copper and some yoga. I have Jillian's Yoga dvd but really need to do some shopping for some relaxing and meditative yoga dvds, not just power yoga.  Any favorites that you use?

Tonight I am going to work on some stretching to try to get some flexibility back and a few gazillion ab exercises.  I definitely need to figure out my fall/winter exercise routine here quickly.  I hate when my body adjusts to the seasons and doesn't look or feel the way I want it to. 

I also have a few questions for you overnight oats people....I am going to try some overnight oats for the first time tomorrow.  I've been eating a lot more oatmeal on the weekends, and have made it a few times before school, but usually end up running out of time.  So I whipped up some and put it in the fridge.  I don't think I will like them cold, can you heat them up in the morning??  Also, what are some of your favorite toppings?  I like the simple brown sugar but Saturday I tried some peanut butter on top and decided that was pretty delicious too.  Any recommendations?

1 comment:

Julia said...

i have only tried overnight oats once but i really like oatmeal. i seriously will put just about anything in oatmeal but some of my favorites are bananas, pb, cinnamon, vanilla pudding powder, craisins, etc!