Friday, October 7, 2011

Gorgeous Fall Day

We are finally having some gorgeous weather here in the Northeast.  Fall, my favorite time of year plus lots of sunshine and a fall like breeze makes for a happy girl.  I got a chance to meet up with my sisters for a run this afternoon.  First run since the half marathon on September 24th but I felt pretty good.  We didn't go very far or run very fast but I loved every minute of it because I was with my sisters and niece who babbled the whole way. 

Now it is time to curl up with a hot cup of tea, my cozy blankets, and a few doggies for some Friday night tv and of course probably an early bedtime.  I am quite the party animal on Friday as are most other school teachers.  I can hold it together all week but by the time Friday evening gets here my batteries are flashing a danger LOW, LOW, LOW warning and then...poof...lights are out.

This weekend looks gorgeous and I am looking forward to spending some time outside getting things around here ready for winter.  We got a list a mile long that I sure will keep us busy.  Hope ya'll have a great weekend?

QOTD:  Any fall like activities planned for your weekend?  I am going to plan some more time tomorrow to bake some fall goodies and cook down some of my pumpkins for some pumpkin bread.

2 comments:

fancy nancy said...

I love Fall weather....but this weekend is going to be in the 80s up here! I determined to pick some pumpkins though!

Erica Gorman said...

Aloha! I saw your comment on FOMO and had to stop by to say HI. You hit it on the nail for me and now I know why it bugs me so much when my dear hubby goes running and not me, sometimes not at all for the day. It is FOMO!!!!

Perhaps now that I have identified the issue, I can rest easier with it!!!

Now for fall --- the pumpkin patch is the best! We picked four last weekend and my darling daughter and I already converted one into a pumpkin pie (surprised us both that it was a success) and the remaining puree will be turned into soup later today!