Monday, July 18, 2011

HM Week 5 Recap

Workout:  8.9 mile run in 1 hr 15 min

Oh boy my training and my summer vacation is just zooming by.  Can't believe I've finished Week 5 of training.  Overall I am really happy with the way training is going.  I was a little concerned two weeks ago, but I think I got over the road bumps and am on track now.  Here's a look at planned and actual training for week 5:


I didn't get my long run last week in until Monday.  That long run I think was a turning point for me, because it made me realize that I could hold a good pace for a long distance if I wasn't faced with crazy hills.  I stuck to the plan for the rest of the week and had some good runs early in the morning.  On Saturday, I had one of best times in the past few years in a 5k race.  I did not get myself motivated to do my long run yesterday so I rested up and did my long run today.

I had Cowboy drop me off again on this way to work about 9 miles out.  It was the same route as last Monday which I like because it is mostly flat or downhill.  I didn't feel as good as I did last week, but it was still a good training run.  It helped me work on those mental issue that I struggle with when I am on a long run by myself.

So here's the plan for the rest of this week:



I might shuffle around tomorrow's run to Wednesday but everything else should be on target.  It will be nice to not have a race this weekend, so that I can just focus on doing my  long run.

K, enough about training and running for now.  Yesterday I had date night with my husband.  Date night doesn't happen very often in our house so when they do I really look forward to them.  This date night is a reoccuring annual date and one I look forward to.  We headed out to the Rodeo and Bull-a-Rama for fabulous corn-dogs on a stick and some bullride watching.  Cowboy rode bulls for 10 years but misses riding quite a bit during the summer time.  He did say last night that he isn't sure he wants to come next year because it depresses him.   I like watching the bullriding with him and having him explain things.  He only rode for the first two years we started dating.  I always enjoyed watching him ride.  I know he misses it but I am glad I don't have to worry about him getting injured on the back of those crazy animals.



Here's a few more pictures from last week that I never got off my cell phone to share:

This is my cutie-pa-tootie- niece tickling me from a distance.

Such a doll!  Glad I get to spend some time with her this week while she is at Gmom and GrandBob's house.
Someone has been having trouble getting out of bed lately.  I end up making the bed with her in it.


New hair-do all nice and straightened from the hairdresser.  Lately I've been too lazy to straighten it and end up with a crazy curl mess.  Plus it's so humid it was just end up all crazy anyhow.

And last but not least a little wildflower bouquet to brighten the day.
QOTD:  Did you do any training runs or races this weekend?  How are you dealing with your runs in this crazy summer hot weather?

3 comments:

fancy nancy said...

I was kicking myself about how I was laboring through my runs lately...then I realized it's friggin hot!!!

I love that you went on a date to the rodeo! Love the hair! I can't even begin to straighten mine on my own! I leave it all to the professionals! That way no one gets hurt!

Julia said...

awwwww! your pup pics are always too cute! Awesome job on your training...you stick to your plans so well! It has been SO tough to deal with the heat lately. Luckily this weekend I finally convinced myself that waking up early would be for the best and my run was much improved. Love all your pics! Good luck this week!

Lindsey said...

What a cute pup! Haha, reminds me of mine!

Awesome job on your run - your training is going wonderfully!