Thursday, July 28, 2011

Quiet, Reflective Day

Workout: 6 mile run in 60 mins without Copper and the ipod

Today is just one of those quiet reflective days.  I feel like I have a little bit of a cold coming on, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to my run this morning but I convinced myself that I should.  Then when I got downstairs Copper and I got into a little "fight" which as silly as it is brought me to tears.  A sure sign that I am getting sick. Yes I know getting in a fight with a dog, how ridiculous.  But this dog has his nasty (I was abandon in the woods and had to survive on my own for two months before Cowboy took me in) moments and when I don't feel well my tolerance level gets shot.   I couldn't handle it, cried for 5 mins, curled up on the couch, and almost let the internal battle win again and not go for my run.  BUT I didn't.  I got up, left Copper at home - which left him crying...ha, there, we were even!  I didn't have my ipod since it is in my car which is at the shop again.  So left just me, my feet and the two bickering - should I- shouldn't I - angels on my shoulder. 

Those stupid angels bickered for at least the first two miles.  The Should I angel won and we kept on going on the planned 6 mile hilly loop.  Once I got to those hills and just focused on getting up them I was all better.  By mile 4 I was glad I was out there on the road pounding out the cold and frustrations with the steady sound of my sneakers slapping the pavement.

I don't know why this summer has been so tough with my motivation issues but I am glad I am digging in and finding the will somewhere.  When I got home I had the wonderful running energy surge so I dove right into the housework that was screaming at me. I turned on my uplifting music playlist up nice and loud and got busy.  Three loads of laundry, clean floors, and clean bathrooms later my energy surge is about dried up.  Now it is time to work on canning some pickles and making some delicious zucchini baked goods.

QOTD: Does anyone have any good zucchini recipes to share?

2 comments:

Julia said...

Can totally relate to the reflective day and the mood you described. I took the day off from running but it also was not until I got in a good sweat and workout that I felt better and more calm...crazy how our workouts can do that for us :) Glad you were able to get out there. Plus it is always good to have a good cry every once in a while too!

I do not cook with zucchini very often but Megan over at Muncher Cruncher blog...always has some good zucchini recipes!

Lindsey said...

The Should I, won - great job! Sounds like you ended up having a wonderful and productive day!