Summer is just flying by. I can't believe it is July 4th already! Happy Fourth of July!
I've been really busy around the house since I got back from my trip and haven't had a chance to post my updates on my training runs. I will get caught up eventually. First, recap on Saturday's run....I had a little catching up to do since I didn't run while I was in Philly so on Saturday I got up bright and early and took Copper for a 4 mile run. I've been frustrated that my overall pace for many of my runs has been in the 9:30's or so. Part of that is due to the fact that I don't have a flat course around here. If I want to run from home I have to face at least two or more hills. That slows me down. The other part of my slow pace is just the fact that I haven't been pushing myself. I've just be out for a run.
So on Saturday I decided to push. I went out and back the main road by my house. The way out is mostly uphill so I again was pokey. BUT...I made it up another section that I rarely make it up without stopping. I know I am getting better at those hills, just not faster yet. On the way back though I kicked it into gear. For about a mile I just pushed it and every time I looked at my watch my pace was right around 6:45. Granted that was a downhill run too. I felt good - wasn't too out of breathe and my legs were keeping up. Overall on that run I got my pace down to 8:40 pace.
More on Sunday's long run and my week 3 training recap in the next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment