Thursday, July 21, 2011

Run anyways

Workout:  5 mile run in 45:50
"That's what runners do; they run. If you're not feeling well, you run; if it's lousy weather, you run, and if you're under stress, you obviously go for a run. You run to clear your head. You run to ease the ache in your muscles, and you run just so you can breathe a little fresh air. No matter what else is going on, there's always time for a run. " ~Anonymous

I felt fine, the weather was lousy, I cleared my head, I eased the ache in my muscles, I didn't breathe any fresh air but I still went for a run.  Even though it was a glorious 72 degrees with oppressive humidity and crazy blanket of fog, I got up to run anyways. I will be running anyways again tomorrow even though the low is only going to be 76 degrees.  I need that run because...That's what runners do.  We are a crazy bunch but no matter what else there is always time for a run.

QOTD:  Did you brave the nation-wide heat to run today?  Why did you run anyways?

1 comment:

Julia said...

such a good quote and such a good post. today was my day off to rest up for my LR tomorrow...and no matter what I know I will get up and run "anyways" because I look forward to my LRs no matter what. and they make me stronger...especially when I "run anyways!" have a great weekend!