Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hot, Hot and Hot

Workout:  1.5 mile hike with the Beagles

I can't believe how hot and muggy it is outside.  It is gross!  And according to the wonderful weather guys it is just going to get worse especially on Thursday and Friday.  Ugh!  Just keeping my eye on Surday and Monday and hoping the low humidity and fresh feeling comes true.


This morning I got up early to take the beagles to the club to chase some rabbits around in the wet brush before it got too hot.  Thank goodness we got some good rain last night.  My garden really needed a nice drink of water.  Now maybe things will grow a little better.  I walked around with the rabbit chasers for two hours this morning and hopefully started to work the kinks out of my knee.

I don't know what happened yesterday after my run, but my knee was really sore last night.  I was having trouble putting weight on it so I iced it before I went to bed.  It is still tender today however I think the more I stretch it out the better it feels. I hope it doesn't give me issues tomorrow when I run.  I am trying my best to notfold and tuck it under when I am sitting here on the couch.  I don't think that helps the matter much. 

Now off to find some ways to stay cool and come up with ideas for dinner.  I hate eating hot meals when it is incredibly hot out.

QOTD:  What do you make for dinner when it is humid, sticky, gross and 95 degrees out?  How do you stay cool?  I end up not cooking and eating a lot of simple sandwiches. Last night was BLT sandwiches.  Not the most balanced and healthy meal.  At least I got two veggies in there.  I really need to find some good receipes.

2 comments:

Julia said...

blah! i hate the muggy weather. i am planning a trip home to KY in september and am already dreading the humidity. boo. i agree about not wanting to cook or eat hot food. i have been eating hummus and salads. but I am getting kinda sick of salads again and am in need of some new ideas as well!

take care of that knee! hoping it feels better for your run tomorrow!!

Lindsey said...

Ick, that is hot! Hope your knee doesn't do anything weird! I end up eating alot of salads, fruit, and sandwiches.