Sunday, July 10, 2011

HM Week 4 Recacp

Workout:  NONE - failed at getting out for the long run

It was a really relaxing and quiet Sunday.  We got a lot done but not my long run.  I was out "hunting" with Cowboy and the coon dogs until 2:30 am.  It isn't hunting season but we still take the dogs out to train them and "practice" chasin' raccoons and treein' them of course..  It wasn't probably my best idea to go out tromping in the woods in heavy knee high swamp boots after running a trail run earlier in the day.  My feet and ankles were screaming at me:  "You stupid girl".  I had terrible restless legs last night and boy were they achey. 

I woke up this morning hoping to get in an 8 mile long run but as soon as I put my little feet on the floor I knew it would be a better idea to wait until tomorrow.  I wasn't in pain but I can tell that I used little muscles in my feet, ankles and calves that I don't usually use as much as I did yesterday. 

So I spent at least 40 mins today stretching out my legs.  I drew the alphabet in the air with both feet at least twice.  I am clearly right footed. :) My letters were much better with my right foot.  My letters with my left foot were tiny and it was tough to do all the letters.  Maybe that foot was tighter than the other foot. 

So although I was shooting to follow my training plan exactly for the first time, it didn't happen.  I was right on track until today but I figured it was just better to give my muscles that extra time.  Here's my recap for Week 4 of my Half Marathon training:


Here's the plan for week 5:

Tomorrow I will get in my 8 miles from today.  I will hitch a ride with Cowboy on his way into work and have him drop me off 8 miles from home.  This week will be a little heavy in miles but that will be good for me.  We have another race on Saturday which I am looking forward to since it will be on an all flat easy course. 

So far the half marathon training is going pretty well.  I am excited to continue to kick things into gear and work on picking up some speed.  I still want to shoot for my goal of finishing the first half marathon of the summer in under 1:45.  I think it might be iffy but I still got lots of time to work on it. I just need to take one day at a time.

QOTD:  How do you keep yourself encouraged to accomplish your goals when you see yourself struggling everyday? 


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You're doing great!! Lots of times I'll remind myself why I should keep going, remind myself of the progress I've made, and remind myself that it's not in vain!