Workout: 6.0 mile run with Cop in 56:38
.5 mile walk with Cop and 2 mile walk with Macy
So I've had to remind myself about four times already that it is Tuesday not Monday. That happened to anyone else?
I struggled a little bit getting out of bed this morning. I was just beating that snooze button up. However, I finally managed to swing my legs down and touch the floor at 5:50 and was out the door by 6 for my morning run. Copper and I tackled more hills, including a new one we never thought we'd accomplish. Why is it that some hills look more fearsome then others until you are actual pounding your feet up them? It was a big old hill but really didn't seem that rough once I got going. We ended up with 6 miles and the last mile I decided to push myself again to work on lowering that overall pace.
When I made it back, I took several excellent blogger's advice and mixed up a smoothie. I had frozen blueberries, frozen black red raspberries and frozen strawberries along with yogurt, splash of OJ, half a banana and a scoop of whey protein. It was surprisingly tasty even though I was just tossing things in. I need to do some looking for recipes to follow.
Getting the proper nutrition is something I've really been struggling with. On these hot summer days, I just don't feel like cooking or eating. So my lunches just turn into several snacking episodes (with not the best snacks) and dinners end up being sandwiches or burgers or something easy I can do on the grill. I am hoping I can get into the routine of having smoothies or eggs after my morning runs and then really focusing on something healthy and with protein for lunch. I think for lunch today I will mix up some tuna salad on a whole wheat tortilla. That should fill me up till dinner. We have lots of leftovers to clean up from the weekend.
QOTD: Do you have any great recipes or links for smoothies or quick, easy, simple and healthy lunches to share?
4 comments:
SO TRUE about the hills. They look SCARY from far away...then I get up them and realize "oh...I guess I can make it"...haha! way to go on your run! and getting up! I was struggling as well.
I am the same way with smoothies...I just throw in whatever I can find but I usually lean toward the highest protein stuff...like the whey powder, greek yogurt, fruit, spinach, PB, etc.
For lunch lately I have been eating spinach salads because it is SO hot outside. That is all I am craving. I know I need protein though so I have been throwing grilled chicken or black beans in with my salads!
Hope this helps a bit :)
Have a wonderful day!
Great job on your run! Your smoothie really sounds good, too. I'm the same way - when it's hot outside I just don't feel like eating much of anything!
Heather. Thanks for stopping by my blog last week. I am just now making my rounds from Jill's blog hop. I am like you, when it gets hot outside I tend to not want to cook so I rely a lot in mix greens salad with chicken breast. I actually just cook some chicken breasts to last me for a couple of days so it is all ready to toss on a salad.
Maria @ Asphalt Tales
My basic smoothie recipe (I don't measure anything...just add till it looks good)
Plain Non-fat Greek Yogurt
Frozen blueberries
Frozen banana (usually only 1/2)
Vanilla Whey Protein (from Freshlife in Williamsport - does not have extra sugar or fillers)
A splash of SoDelicious Coconut Milk
One of the best purchases I have made was a KitchenAid Hand Blender. I purchased mine on Amazon. It has made making smoothies so easy, and is very easy to clean. Plus, when the first one broke before the end of the warranty period, KitchenAid was great at sending a replacement. Highly recommend.
Post a Comment