Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Garden is Growing

I love this time of year!!!  I get to sit back and watch my garden grow and begin eating the delicious goods it delivers!  Of course, it isn't just all sitting and watching...there is all the watering and weeding that go into it too but ooooh so worth it.

I love my blueberry bush!  It was here when we bought the house and already huge.  I planted some more this year but it will be a few years till they really produce monsters like this one.  Today I got to enjoy some of these:


in here


Yummy!  Soon I will get to enjoy some of these things too:

Cucumbers!
Cantalope or Melon - I'm not  sure which.
Tomatoes
Cabbage
Zucchini
Peppers
The corn, lettuce, beans, potatoes, onions, carrots, broccoli, and califlower are growing too just a ltitle slower than the rest.  Hoping we get some rain soon to give it all a little push.  I've also been enjoying my herbs.  The oregano and basil are delicious on pizza.  I used some of the sage and parsley when I cooked some chicken.  The dill will be put to use soon when I can some of those cucumbers as pickles.



I was a picture taking fool this morning since I didn't run.  Yesterday afternoon I got stung in the bottom of my foot, in my arch area - while wearing sandals.  It was swollen, sore and tight last night.  I took some Benadryl and it is much better today but still tender especially if I step on it wrong.  So I am going to push  my run back to tomorrow and get in some cross training today. 

More pictures tomorrow of my silly puppies.

QOTD:  What is your favorite homegrown produce fresh from the garden?  I love fresh onions, cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden.

4 comments:

Dina @ DinaRuns said...

I love to garden but only have a small raised bed. This year I have tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and blueberries growing.

Julia said...

your garden looks AMAZING and I am incredibly jealous!! i can't wait to have a garden some day. LOVE home grown green beans! hope that foot heals quickly!

Nikki said...

Awesome garden!! A blueberry bush!?! That looks heavenly! SO jealous. I love peas and zucchini! Sorry about the foot. Hope it feels better soon!

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

New Follower! love the garden. I just started one this year for the first time with my kids. I am so ecstatic about it! I honestly can't believe how in to it I am. Its so relaxing to go out there and weed, water and take care of everything...and its sooo rewarding to see everything grow! I love it. Love that you have blueberries. How big does that tree get? I would love to plant one of those.