Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fun in the Sun

Workout:  6 mile run in 56:37

Today I enjoyed some Fun in the Sun with my family.  I met up with Dad, SB, Robyn and little miss Ella Beans for a 7 am morning run.  We met and did the river walk loop since it would be nice and flat and easy to push Ella Beans along for the ride.  We kept a very comfortable easy pace for the first 5 miles and then SB and I kicked it into gear for the last mile. 

After we were a sweaty mess we headed back to Amanda's house to get showered cleaned up and enjoy Mr. Sticky sticky buns topped with peanut butter that my Daddy picked up for us.  Rob, Ella, SB and I all then got ourselves around and headed out to the local fair.  We were shootin to beat the crowds and get there before it got too stinky hot.  One of two ain't bad.  The fair was empty but it was already stinky hot by 10 am.  We were once again a sweaty mess but still enjoyed seeing all the Bahs, Nays, Oink-Oinks, Moos, Cockadoodle-doos, and Ella's favorites the bunnies.  We also got to ride the carousel and as soon as it stopped Ella was signing and screaming "more-more".  However after lunch that little cutie-pie could barely keep her eyes open.  She was falling asleep as we changed her diapers.  What a trooper!

Great day!  Looking forward to more family time on Friday and Saturday.  Until then, I am finding ways to keep cool and hope you are able to do the same.

2 comments:

Julia said...

ohhhh! i love the fair! this is such a fun time of year with all the local fairs and also the state fair! sticky buns with pb sound amazing! great job on your run!!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like fun! I love fairs. :)