So I finished up my Week 2 Half Marathon training plan a little lighter than expected.
I ended up moving my Tuesday and Thursday runs to Monday and Wednesday and got in one extra mile! Woo-hoo. On Friday though, I had a few distractions and didn't make it out. Saturday I got in my long run before I travelled.
Today was a total cross training day with TONS of walking miles. I wish I would have brought a pedometer because I truly must have taken between 15,000 and 20,000 steps today. The Convention Center is four city blocks long and I went back and forth from one end to the other over 20 times. It was a busy, crazy day and tomorrow is set to be the same.
So although I didn't get the total running miles I needed for the week, if I were to add in today's walking miles I would definitely had it. I hope my calf muscles relax a little tonight - I have a feeling they are going to be a little ache tomorrow.
Tomorrow we should get done with the convention stuff early, so I am hoping to find a good restaurant for dinner and get back to the hotel to relax for a little longer before I tumble into bed. I will post my Week 3 Training Plan tomorrow and try to figure out how I can squeeze some running miles out of some tired legs on Tuesday!
Any suggestions on how to stretch out my calf muscles and the bottoms of my feet? My heels are sore and I don't know how to make them feel any better after pounding on cement all day.
2 comments:
awesome job this week! even though you did not get in as many miles as you hoped...you got in 3 6 milers which is awesome! plus you got all that finished in the midst of your busy schedule! you are inspiring how you fit your runs into your busy days!
For calves I use either my foam roller or my stick. Or I stand up against a wall with one leg back and straight and lean into the wall with the other. For feet I like to roll my foot on a tennis ball! hope these things make sense and help!
Thanks for the sweet comment earlier...seriously made my night :)
What I always do to stretch my calf muscles is hang my heels off the edge of a step. Great week!!
Post a Comment