Workout: 6.21 miles in 1 hr 5 mins with Copper and iPod
I was able to roll out of bed early this morning and get my run in before I left. I was hoping between 5 and 6 miles and ended up with 6.21 so I was happy. Copper and I did a similiar route that we did on Monday we just went a little further down the road before climbing the hills and heading home. It was a good run. The weather was nice and I felt pretty good after I got things warmed up. The first two miles were a little tougher till I got in my groove and over the first hill. After that I was able to settle in and just made my way. For now, I classify them as hill runs in my Log Your Run calendar but after next week I will probably demote these same runs to training runs. By then the hills should feel like a piece of cake.
My colleague and I made it down to Philly in good time today and managed to find the hotel parking deck without too much trouble. We got set up in the hotel and headed over to the Convention Center for our first training session. I will be working as a Volunteer Captain for the ISTE conference. Everything seems very overwhelming right now, but once I have a chance to get started and start working with all the volunteers it should be ok. Luckily I am on the same team as another co-worker so we should be good to go.
Lots to learn and lots to do the next few days. Good news is that the fitness center has some nice treadmills and I should have some time in the morning to get down there and run. Now the challenge will be to see if I actually do them.
2 comments:
Great run, you're doing awesome in your training!
great run! and way to conquer the hills! good luck with everything this week!
Post a Comment