Monday, February 7, 2011

Mighty Monday

Whew...it's been a busy week here in our house.  A lot has been going on and I will try to get the blog world caught up this week.  Today, I wanted to focus on my workout recap for the first week of our Get Fit Challenge. 

The program that is being run by my school and our health insurance company is a little competition between three teams within our district.  The team is made up of a group of participants and we each earn 1 point for every 20 mins of exercise Monday - Sunday.  On Monday we report in our point totals.  Our submission is entered in a weekly drawing and the team that earns the most points at the end of the six weeks wins a monetary prize for a local organization.

For my first week I got in a few workouts, walks and of course some shoveling.  Here's my recap
  • Monday - 20 min walk
  • Tuesday - 20 min walk and shoveling, 40 min walk and shoveling and another 20 min walk
  • Wednesday - 50 min walk
  • Thursday - new puppy - no time
  • Friday - 20 min walk
  • Saturday - 40 mins abs, buns, and thighs; 20 mins Taebo and weights
  • Sunday - 30 min walk
So I had a al of 13 points for the first week.  Hoping to get up to 15 points this week.  Definitely going to get in at least two runs in if weather allows.  I hope to make it to a least one group class at the Y too.    More news on the new puppy tomorrow hopefully.

No comments: