Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Doggies Galore

My brother used to always tease me growing up that I would be the ol' cat lady with tons of cats running around her house.  Well I'm getting old but I don't have tons of cats running around - instead I'm married to a doggie-whisper and have five soon to be six dogs roaming around.

Lil' Macy Dae came home last Thursday.

 She is a sweetie.  She is an American Beagle but instead of being the typical (black, brown, white) tri colored beagle she is a blue/gray, white and a little tan.  Macy is eight weeks old and very petite.  We wanted a small dog and she was the runt of the little, so she is super tiny. 


The first night was really rough.  All she did was cry.  She sounded like a baby and just wailed.  She would even cry when she was running around the house with the other dogs.  Night two and three were pretty rough too.  On Monday night though so only got us up once. 


She is finally settling in.  She loves to chase after Cabella and Cabella does a great job of playing with her.  I can tell the two of them are going to be pals.  Right now, Macy is curled up on my lap taking a nap but soon I will be putting her down to play so that she can tucker herself out for the night.

Enough doggie talk.  My workouts are going really well this week.  I actually did ab workouts on Monday, got a 3 mile run in with my dad and SIL on Tuesday and did abs, buns and thighs tonight.  I am up to 9 points already.  I decided tonight that I am going to shoot for between 12 and 15 points each week and maybe towards the end of the six weeks I will try to increase to more than 15 points.  I figure by then it should be getting a little warmer and I will be running more to get ready for the upcoming Spring 5k's. 

I did decide to order some more workout DVD's to change things up.  I picked up the following three DVD's at amazon.com and am looking forward to them getting here.  They've been shipped, so I hope they get here soon!  I'm tired of the BenderBall exercises already.  


No comments: