Sunday, February 27, 2011

Feelin' Good

What a great weekend!!  I can't complain about one second of my weekend.  It was super nice.  Here'a quick run-down of why it was so nice.

Friday, was a pretty good day of school and I got a run in with my Sis and SIL.  My Cowboy and I had a nice dinner at home together and then played with the puppies for the evening before crashing at 8:30 like usual.  On Saturday morning, I made The Best Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting recipe which was featured on Sweet Treats and More blog.  My family came out and visited for a while and taste tested my cake with me.  It was very YUMMY!  I got some Ella Beans time and my family got some puppy time.  The rest of Saturday I spent time with my Hubby.


Today, Cowboy took me out to breakfast to our favorite lil mom and pop restaurant.  We both got delicious omlets and goobled them right down.  We came home and I did the not-so-exciting-but-necessary school work.  Then I spent some time outside with the lil puppies while Cowboy did his Cowboy hunting things.  I decided to go try out a Yoga class at the Y.  I got there a little early so I did a mile on the treadmill.  The class was good.  The instructor wasn't the best but she did a pretty good job and I am feeling the workout tonight.  After Yoga I went out and did another mile on the treadmill.  Today's workout brought me up to 23 points for the week.  Here's the breakdown

Monday - 4 points          60 mins shoveling snow and 20 min stretch
Tuesday - 3 points          34 min 3.8 mile run and 25 min stretch and walk
Wednesday - 3 points     20 min walk, 30 min abs and 10 min stretch
Thursday - 2 points         30 min 3.3 mile run and 10 min stretch
Friday - 2 points              20 min 2 mile run and 20 min walk
Saturday - 4 points          35 min JM abs, 25 min Pilates and 20 min walk
Sunday - 5 points            20 min walk, 20 min 2 mile run, and 60 min Yoga Class

I am doing really well with the Fitness Challenge this year.  Better than I have done the last two years.  I am starting to feel better and am losing some of the winter blues and frustrations.  I am also excited that I got in 4 runs this week even if two of them were just two miles each.  I'm hoping I can stick to it all this week and get another 23 points or better for week 5.  Only two more weeks left.

Here's some more pictures of the puppies that my sis took on Saturday.



No comments: