Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What Day is It?

I keep getting my days all mixed up.  It feels like a Thursday but it's only Wednesday.  Shucks! 

It was a pretty good day considering it was "day 5" and I hate "day 5's" because of the motley crew of 6th graders I have to teach.  Thirty 6th grade boys for 45 mins in a computer lab is TOUGH.  Thirty boys in gym class understandable - they can run, throw balls, scream and all that - but in a classroom - OI!  It is always a tough day and I end up with hardly a voice by the end.  Today wasn't too bad, the second class of boys did a great job of asking questions and listening for the most part.   Now tomorrow I get to do the same lesson with 30 girls and it will be COMPLETELY different and probably go VERY smoothly.

I got home early since it was my carpool day.  The doggies and I went for two loops around the property and then did our chores before Cowboy got home.  For dinner we had what my mom calls "matza" which is just basically hamburg patted into a casserole dish, topped with pizza sauce and cooked till almost done, then topped with mozzarella cheese.  We also had cheesey potatoes and steamed broccoli.  It was delicious!  While that was all cooking I finally got in JM Ripped - week 1.  I need to do that workout more than once a week.  It's a good one and I would really like to get this tummy trimmed down even more. 

Tomorrow I am going to plan and attempt a run with Copper right after school.  I would like to try to get our 4 mile loop in.  Hopefully it isn't raining and the weather cooperates.  I also get distracted by the other 5 dogs and feel bad leaving them in their pen for even longer.  But Copper needs the exercise and so do I since I have a 5K coming up on Saturday.  Hopefully I can get these new shoes broken in a bit more before Saturday.

1 comment:

Julia said...

SO excited for your 5k this weekend. hope you get those shoes broken in :)

I am so impressed you are able to come home and run after work...I have been able to do it a few times just to get my dog out but motivation-wise other than that it is tough!!

have a good night!