Saturday, April 9, 2011

Weekend Fun

The weekend is already off to a busy but great start.  We got a family run in yesterday afternoon - all of us since baby sis was home.  I stopped by Elite Feet before the run to get new shoes.  My feet and legs having been killing me on the runs.  I was having trouble with the Brooks Defyanance3 since I got them but toughed it out and got use to them.  However, I think they broke down rather quickly and were really just bugging many of my ankle, knee and IT band issues.    So I went back to Elite Feet for a re-fitting to see what I should be in.  The Defyanance are a cushion shoe and worked really well for me back on Defyanance1's but were really causing me to pronate.  So Bonnie, put me back into Brooks Adrenalines.  I wore them for years when I first got started running, but then switched out when I didn't like one of their versions.



Source:  Brooksrunning.com
So these are my new running shoes!  I ran in them last night and they felt pretty good.  I didn't notice any real aches and pains until closer to the end of the three miles.  My right foot doesn't pronate in and probably doesn't need stability shoes so I was feeling it in that foot.  But my IT band issues weren't aggravated so I was happy.

After the run I got to play with EllaBeans.  She is getting to be a big girl and walked to everyone who came into the door.  She just started walking distances on Tuesday and walks like a Mummy which makes me giggle everytime.  Mom and Dad made one of my favorite dinners - Chicken PotPie so I stayed and ate dinner with them before I headed to the Beagle club to clean for the show and hunt today. 

Now, it is time for me to get my butt in gear.  I have to get showered, get my stuff packed up, stop at the Club and drop off my desserts, get some birthday gifts and then meet the blushing-bride-to-be and all the ladies for the bride's first dress fitting.  We are also picking out the dresses for us girls too.  After the dress fitting fun, I hope we can make a road trip to Woolrich for their warehouse sale and pick up some good deals on Woolrich clothing.   So off I go to start my busy Saturday!

Oh - if you get a chance go check out Julia's giveaway at Pain, Pride and Perservance.  She has a great first giveaway to kick off the start of her blogging journey!

1 comment:

Julia said...

thanks for the shout out on my giveaway!! LOVED it!

I am obsessed with your new shoes...they look awesome! I have been contemplating new shoes lately as well...I just have had so many feet problems lately and its driving me crazy. I think it is about time to retire the sauconys and try something else. glad yours are working out better for you!!

have an AWESOME weekend!

p.s. I like that you refer to your sis as "baby sis" as well on your blog!