Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One of those days...

and it was a rough one on the run today.  Finally a day without downpours and cold, dreary temps.  BUT I was struggling with the warm temps.  It doesn't help that I of course wasn't dressed appropriately.  I have no idea what it is like outside of my cave until I escape.  Today I picked a long sleeved shirt and was hotter than hot. 

It is always so tough the first few runs when the temp is on the rise.  In the winter I can have tons of layers on, run hot and not mind it.  But in the spring and summer I hate being hot.  With that little bit of discomfort comes all kinds of excuses.  My lil brain was just tossing excuses around to stop, slow down, walk, complain, etc.  I was finding the littlest things and it was really tough to keep my feet moving.  Thank goodness my Dad was there to push me along.  We did 3 miles in 28:18 but it seemed like it was more 48:18.   Now I have about 9 more runs before I get into the summer running grove and can ignore the "hot feet, hot belly, wrinkle in my sock, itchy toes, sore feet, bouncy sunglasses, and sweat drippin my eyes" and run with a quiet head.

Time to be lazy and NOT do the backpack full of school work sitting at my feet.

2 comments:

Julia said...

ahhh totally understand. tonight was one of those runs for me as well. I think in actuality we were running faster than yesterday but it honestly felt like forever to me. Plus it was raining which was oddly relaxing but cold at the same time. haha. feel you on the hw toooo!! ahhh.

have a relaxing night :)

SbMac said...

HA yea it took about 30minutes to talk myself into running today but I needed to get it done asap bc of work around the house. I am now packing all types of clothes. I had capri's and thankfully a tshirt but it was too big/long so it was very annoying. And the dumb GPS not working at Brandon of all places GRR!