Saturday, April 23, 2011

First Wedding Anniversary

I can't believe that I have been married to my best friend, my Cowboy, for one year tomorrow.  It's crazy to think back to all those little things that I was planning, worrying and waiting for a year ago.  When the day came it was perfect.  The weather was great, everything went really smoothly (minus a hair fiasco and lots of tears at the hairdresser) and the day was wonderful.   I couldn't have created the day of my dreams without all the help of our friends and family. 
We really put our touch on everything.  It was "US".  Nothing too fancy, just relaxed, simple and fun.  We didn't have a huge wedding party and left out a lot of the wedding traditions.  My husband wore black jeans, cowboy boots, a western button-down shirt and cowboy hat.  My dress was a corset style top with a simple skirt and a train that I wore busselled most of the day.  The reception was simple and decorated with wildflowers and country themed items - glass bottles, latterns, little cowboy boots.

My husband has a sweet tooth so the idea of keeping the cake top until our first year anniversary was absurd and didn't happen.  So I ordered the top of our cake again a few weeks ago and picked it up today to surprise him with it tomorrow. 



There are just a few little things I would do differently, but overall I wouldn't change the perfect day we were given as we started our lives together as husband and wife.  Our first year together has been great.  We,  as any newlywed couple, had our little ups and downs but through it all we always turned to each and grew closer together because of it.  I am looking forward to growing old with my Cowboy and enjoying each and every year the Lord gives us together.

2 comments:

Julia said...

CONGRATS on your first anniversary :)

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics :)

Bethann said...

Happy Anniversary!