Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vitamins

With my new push on cross-training along with my running, I have also been taking a look at my diet.  I've been reading a lot of different blogs and am interested in how many are eating "clean" and not processed foods.  That is one thing I would like to work on more.  We do pretty good in the summer when I have the garden growing, but here in the winter I tend to cook up a lot of pre-packaged pasta, rice, potatoes and I don't like it.

I feel that "eating clean" would take too much time, it is so much easier to just toss things together and cook it up, rather than having to go through all the steps.  Plus I just don't have any idea where to start with easy recipes.  I hope that this summer I can actually spend some time on my summer vacation figuring things out and coming up with recipes that I can use through the school year.

I have been trying to buy more fresh veggies each week as well to cook with.  I haven't made it to the store this week but hope to make it there tomorrow after school to get some more lettuce, asparagus, broccoli and califlower.  I love cooking asparagus and my family made me hungry for that last weekend when they made it for Friday night dinner. 

One of my favorite "eating clean" bloggers is CleanEatingChelsey.  She always posts a lot of ideas and receipes.  Today she posted about an opportunity to win $100 Shopping Spree from Swanson Vitamins. Who doesn't like free stuff??  It can't hurt to try.  I browsed through their site and they offer a lot more than vitamins.  I would like to try some of their products since I've been really trying to be sure to take my vitamins each night and could use to stock up on a few. 

vitamins and supplements
Have a blog? Want to win a $100? Check out the Swanson Health Blog.

No comments: