Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spring is in the Air

It really feels like spring is right around the corner at the moment, BUT according to noaa.gov there is lots of rain and snow on the way.  Today was a great day.  My hubby and I spent most of the day together.  We took Cabella over to the club to chase some rabbits, did a few errands and then came home and set up the big pen for the little girls.  They are going to be moving outside during the day.

I made a fantastic dinner tonight.  I got the recipe from Kraft Foods for a Parmesan-Crusted Stuff Chicken Breast and modified it a bit.

It was very delicious and very easy to make.  I modified it for just the two of us by doing the following:

Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breast
  • 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
  • mozzarella and cheddar cheese
  • Tastefully Simple Seasoning Salt
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Chicken Stuffing
Steps:
  1. Heat oven to 400. 
  2. Make a cut in the long side chicken breast, being careful not to cut through the other side.  I pounded the breast out a little bit since it was so thick.  I also sprinkled Seasoning Salt and Italian Seasoning on the inside. 
  3. Fill pocket with a few spears of asparagus and sprinkle with mozzerlla and cheddar cheese.
  4. Fold over the other side, place on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, and sprinkle chicken with Parmesan Cheese.
  5. Put chicken in oven for about 15 minutes.
  6. After 15 mins, put the rest of the asparagus spears on the cookie sheet with a little olive oil and seasoning salt sprinkled on top.  I also sprinkled some more mozzerella on top of the chicken.
  7. Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
  8. While the chicken is finishing up, make up Chicken Stuffing following instructions on package.
We both really enjoyed it.  It was tasty, filling and we didn't have any leftovers.  That's a good meal in my book.

No comments: