Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rain, rain, go away....

It has been raining here ALL day.  The temperature has dropped from 47 degrees this morning to 32 degrees so far and it is going to continue to drop and then turn over to messy stuff and snow.  What fun!

It's been a busy day already.  Up early with the dogs, doing schoolwork by 7:30, out the door at 8:45 to go to the gun show and sell tickets for the Beagle Club till 1, then I did two quick stops at the mall before I came home to work out.  I was planning on going to Spin and Yoga at the Y today, but because I ended up working the gun show I decided to skip the Y and come home to spend some quality time wtih Jillian Michaels.  I just got finished doing both level 1 and 2.  I am tuckered out.

Here's the recap from week 5 of our Fitness Challenge:
  • Monday - 2 points               40 min walk
  • Tuesday - 3.5 points            30 min 3.6 mile run, 35 min BenderBall, Pilates Abs & Burn
  • Wednesday - 4.5 points       60 min walk, 30 min JM YogaLevel2
  • Thursday - 1 point                20 min walk
  • Friday - 3 points                   30 min run and 30 min walking/shopping grocery store
  • Saturday - 10.5 points          90 min hike, 90 min outside work, 30 min stretch, yoga and abs
  • Sunday - 2.5 points              30 min JM YogaLevel1, 20 min Jm YogaLevel2
Great job with points this week with a total of 27 - my most so far.  Haven't been getting the runs in, but I have been doing really well with my cross training and abs.  You would think the JM workouts would get easier but I still end every time with lil-feel-good-muscle-quakes. 

Now it is time to go read some of my new book.  One of my students was reading Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog by Ted Kerasote and it looked really good. 

I spent a few minutes in class walking around and reading it while the students worked on their project.  I went to Borders today and picked it up.  I thought Richie and I would both enjoy reading it since the doggies are a big part of our lives.  Here's a little excerpt from Amazon and Booklist:
"Merle showed up at the San Juan River at the same time Kerasote and his river-rafting friends arrived. Merle looked at Kerasote as if to say, "You need a dog, and I'm it." He accompanied the group down the river and then went home to Wyoming with Kerasote. A dog who was eager to please and almost trained himself, Merle learned the ways of bison, ground squirrels, and coyotes. Merle then taught Kerasote the fullness of the hunt, leading Kerasote to his favorite prey. But, after Kerasote installed a dog door, the main thing Merle taught him is that a dog develops to his full potential, becoming the dog he was meant to be, when allowed to make his own decisions. Merle developed a life of his own, patrolling the small settlement where they lived with his dog companions, and yet was always very aware of Kerasote and his schedule. "

No comments: