Friday, August 5, 2011

Lovely Friday with my Cowboy

Workout:  3.3 mile run with Copper in 28:44

What a great day!  For most of the day I couldn't tell you what day of the week it was, I am so confused - but regardless it was a wonderful day.  I spent the day with my husband enjoying life.  We didn't do anything too exciting just little things but it was nice to spend the whole day with him accomplishing things together.

This morning was an early morning hike with Cabella and Macy while they chased rabbits.  So I didn't get my run in during the morning like I planned.  We spent most of the afternoon working on the yard and expanding our farm fence to include the next section of our yard.  Cowboy got dinner around while Copper and I went for an evening run.  It finally cooled down quite a bit by 6:30 so it felt good, although still humid.  Copper was dragging his tail a bit on this run.  I don't think he fueled properly or hydrated himself enough. 

I on the other hand felt good during the run.  It was after the run that the heel pain set in.  I don't know if I am getting heel spurs or Plantar fasciitis -regardless I don't like either.  I rolled my foot around on a frozen mason jar of strawberries for about five minutes which was as long as I could stand it. I think it helped a bit but I can still feel the aches.  Hoping a rest day and some stretching helps things out.  I am also going to look for some better cushioning sandals to where around the house and in the meantime try to wear some sneakers more to see if that prevents these after run aches.. 

All in all a wonderful Friday.  I am so glad it was a Friday afterall so that I can still enjoy a Saturday and a Sunday with my handsome Cowboy!

QOTD:  Any exciting plans for the weekend?  Fun run, long runs, races to accomplish?
              We will be working on the fence when it isn't raining and I have my 11 mile long run on Sunday!

2 comments:

Julia said...

yay! good luck on your LR this week! hoping your feet cooperate and start to feel better! i totally hate when Riley is dragging on a run ;) :)

Lindsey said...

That sounds like a lovely day! Great job on your run - hope your heel doesn't give you any more trouble!!