Monday, August 1, 2011

HM Week 7 Recap

This past week was a very good week for my training.  I got in all my runs and got in all my miles, plus some.  I struggled during the week with the runs for various issues, but regardless I pushed myself and got out the door.

This is when the training seems to always get tough for me for some reason.  My motivation starts to dwindle and I start to put other things first since I am gearing back up for school.  I am really trying to work on staying positive and focusing on the goal I have set for the half marathon in August. 

Here's a look at Week 7:

A little high in total miles since I did a long run on Monday and a long run on Saturday.  Now however I am back on schedule for Sat/Sun long runs - hopefully.

Week 8 Plan is as follows:



My Tuesday and Thursday miles might get moved around a bit since I have to be in town to conduct two trainings on those days.  But otherwise I should be all set. 

I am looking forward to my second rest day in a row and have been focusing on eating properly to refuel my lil muscles.  I did have some calf cramps last night so when I get my groceries today I am going to be sure to stock up on some bananas.  They always seem to help prevent those crazy cramps.

QOTD:  What do you do to help with the occassional and sneak attack calf or leg cramps?   

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Most definitely reach for the bananas to help with the leg cramps.

fancy nancy said...

Yay for getting in your runs even when you were kicking yourself out the door! I feel like that....especially when it's hot! As far as muscle cramps, I find I get them when I'm not hydrated enough.

Julia said...

awesome awesome week of training! sounds like you grew and got stronger! good luck this week :) I FOAM ROLL like crazy for calf cramps. and I love compression socks :)