Workout: 11.75 mile run in 1:48:22
What a great weekend! I was having so much fun this weekend keeping busy with the husband. I was thankful for the rain on Saturday because that made my husband, the energizer bunny, slow down a bit. Cowboy melts in the rain (because he is made up of sugar and chocolate which is all he eats) so he tends to stay in the house or the garage and even takes time for afternoon naps. He still kept me busy with three trips to town and work on the fence.
I tried to motivate myself to do my long run on Sunday but if I don't have plans with my running crew I am not so successful at getting out the door. I talked myself into saving my long run for today. That left me plenty of time to bake some zucchinni bread Sunday morning and work on the fence and garden with Cowboy.
This morning I did get myself out the door for a steamy, foggy 11.75 mile run. I was glad that I gave myself two rest days. I felt really good. I was worried about my foot but it didn't start acting up until late in the run. Today's route was out here in the sticks and was quite hilly as usual. I did quite a few walking breaks to help get up some of these hillls...
Because I did my long run today, my week 8 total miles are a little low but I'll bounce back up next week. Here's my recap from week 8
And a look at Week 9:
I am liking that my mid week runs are going back down to the 5 and 6 range instead of the 6, 7, and 8 range. That will be much easier to keep up with as I start to gear back up for school.
Got lots to do today here at the house so I better get moving. Those green beans aren't going to can themselves unfortuantely.
2 comments:
amazing job on your long run!! YAY! that you got to spend some time with the husband as well :) sounds like a wonderful weekend! good luck this week! LOVE LOVE LOVE fresh green beans!
I haven't made zucchini bread in ages, but I really like it. Great job on getting the long run done!
Post a Comment