Workout: 5.25 mile run in 48:09 with Dad and SB
August how did you get here so quickly??? Time never went this fast when I was a kid. I don't know why it is flying by now.
I took the last two days off as well deserved rest days. I didn't run other than to jog around the yard with the doggies. This morning I met up with Dad and SB for a five mile run on the south side of town. SB and I both grumbled and ouched for the first .25 miles as we stretched out the sore muscles from the long run. As soon as we got the first ouchy part done I was doing pretty good. We were cruising right along, after the half way point though we were all grumbling that the way back seemed a lot longer.
I've been trying to find a few good before run and during run fuel sources to help me out. Today I tried the Gatorade Prime before the run. I took it the recommended 15 minutes before my run along with a granola bar. During my run I felt really - unusually hot - the kindaof clammy hot that I get before I get sick. I did not like that feeling at all. I didn't feel nauseous just steaming hot. It was only about 65 degrees but the humidity was creeping up. I don't think it was the temps though. I'm gonna blame it on the Prime for now but might try it again on Thursday. Since it was only five miles I didn't take anything during the run.
I also had the Gatorade Recovery after the run with my delicious bagel twist. I've had that before. It tastes good and I think it works for me. I definitely didn't feel parched and dehydrated.
Hopefully by my half marathon in two weeks I will have some good options figured out.
QOTD: What do you take to fuel prior to a run - especially early in the morning? What do you use to fuel during the run? What run distance do you take fuel - anything after 3, 5, 7 miles?? How many times do you take fuel during a half marathon?

No comments:
Post a Comment