Monday, August 15, 2011

HM Week 9 Recap

I can't believe my half marathon is next week already.  Where did the summer go!  Time just flies by anymore.   

I've been very blessed during this training.  I've been able to get in my miles and have avoided any major sidelining injuries.  I haven't been pushing myself as hard as I did last year, but I still feel prepared for next week.  This week, I backed off a little bit since I had two long runs.  Here is what I had plan and what I actually accomplished:


I felt good after Saturday's long run.  My legs, feet and IT band haven't complained too much.  However, my head and belly have been grumbling.  I did not get enough fluids in after Saturdays run and definitely haven't been eating that well either.  I have been extremely hungry yesterday and this morning.  The head has been aching a little too.  So today's focus is making sure I get in plenty of fluids and calories.  My plan for this week is to continue to take it easy and just keep things stretched out and ready to go for Sunday.



I find that when I increase my miles I really struggle with balancing the calories in/calories out.  How do you guys do it?  Do you have any magic solutions for keeping your tummy happy?  I haven't been "hungry" for much.  I'm hungry but I don't really crave anything so I end up not eating because I don't know what to eat.  Does that make sense?   I guess I better think up some of my favorites so that I can be sure to eat properly this week.

2 comments:

Julia said...

great job this week!!! so excited for your race coming up so soon!

I agree...its tough this summer because I am not as hungry all the time and the things I crave are not necessarily always "meal" like. In the past week or two I have just bought lots and lots of fruits and veggies because they seem to be more filling and keep my energy going more than I thought they would. Every night I have been having a big salad which feels refreshing and fills me up enough for the night. It also leaves me feeling hungry in the morning so that I will actually want to eat a filling breakfast. I think this has helped my energy levels and has helped me eat more balanced!

good luck!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

One thing I do is try to eat enough protein. It isn't always easy. It helps to have an idea of what I'd like to eat later in the day, before hunger strikes.