Monday, November 5, 2012

Getting Back Into Things

Well it has been quiet a while since I've been blogging here at Endless Jubilee.  I have been reading everyone's blogs, but just haven't had much to share of my own.  However, with the holiday season approaching and so many online/virtual challenges popping up everywhere, I am considering joining a few and starting to journal my progress.

The older I get, the more I notice my body not keeping up.  It is time for me to get back into a routine and shaping myself in more ways than one.  First I want to focus on building up my fitness levels.  I need to spend time exercising - more than just once a week.  I am still very active but not by means of daily workouts.  I want to increase my weekly mileage and get in some more pilates, yoga and meditation.

The first challenge I joined is the 21 Day Meditation Challenge hosted by The Chopra Center.  I need to find ways to relax and destress each day.  This is just one way that I am going to explore this month.  I have registered and made it halfway through Day 1 - before my network connection cut me off.   I really found that the meditation audio file was well done and I found myself really relaxing and when done -refreshed and reawakened.

The second challenege I am considering joining is the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge.  I read about this challenge alot last year and so many people enjoyed the challenge and the results they discovered.  I think this may be just what I need to keep myself focused and encouraged to work out each day.

I also have a few personal goals such as focusing on eating better and taking time for myself that I have set for myself this month. Both of these virtual/online challenges will help me to meet those two goals.  So it is time to come up with a game plan, make a decision about the HBBC and continue the meditation challenge this week and see how things go.

No comments: