Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Back to Square One

Well, it isn't the new year yet...but I am trying to get back into a workout routine.  I've been in a workout slump since September and I've tried to pull myself out a few times but it hasn't worked.  The winter months always get me a little down in the dumps.  However, as usual around this time I start to feel squishy and not so comfortable in my own body.  So back to square one I go.



I certainly felt like I was on square one when I was running today. Lesson Learned - I should never stop my running routine.  Building those running muscles back up is not easy, everything grumbles and aches.  I know though that with just a few weeks I will be back on track and it won't feel so difficult to run a few miles. 

Yesterday I made it to gym with Manda and SB and it felt great to do 6 miles on the bike, almost a mile on the stair stepper thingy mabob and then some ab work.  Today I am feeling it and realize just how out of shape I've let myself get.  I'm hoping I'm not stuck on Square One of running and fitness for long with a little determination and focus.  I hope that I can get back into the routine of  working out, running and blogging.  And of course juggling school, crazy dogs and an even crazier husband.

2 comments:

fancy nancy said...

You'll get there!!! The important part is that you started!! Love that Saucony ad!

Erica Gorman said...

Great job taking that first step to get back into it! You can do it!