Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week 2: SBBC & Fitness Challenge

Week 2 is complete! I am really enjoying the challenges so far.  Three weeks ago I would have told you I don't have time to workout for a hour or more.  Somehow though - you put a challenge in front of me - I have found the time.  I have really put in the miles with walking and running this week which is great.  I feel like I have been building strength and getting the kinks worked out of my IT band and hip.  I have also kept up with the yoga.  However, my goals for next week include adding in more strength training and to actually eat fruits and veggies on the weekend since somehow I didn't manage to get hardly any this weekend.

Here's my weekly recap.  I logged this in a draft throughout the week, but am not loving the format.  So please bear with this version as I experiment and find a better way to document and share my workouts.

Monday:  80 mins - 9 freggies and 80 ounces of water
  • 2.8 mile Run with Copper Dog for 28 minutes, 20  min walk with the other dogs and 30 minute relaxation yoga.

Tuesday: 37 mins - 7 freggies and 90 ounces of water
  • 1 mile walk with the dogs for 22 mins and 15 min yoga.
Wednesday: 90 mins - 8 freggies and 80 ounces of water


  • 4 mile run with Copper in 43 mins and 1 mile walk with the rest of the dogs
  • 30 mins of yoga
Thursday:  90 mins - 8 freggies and 72 ounces of water
  • 60 min walk with dogs and doggie related chores 
  • 30 mins of yoga and meditation.
Friday:  90 mins - 9 freggies and 80 ounces of water
  • 30 min, 3 mile Friday Family Fun Run to stretch out for Saturday's March Madness Race
  • 30 min walk with dogs and doggie related chores once again
  • 30 mins of yoga and meditation

Saturday: 98 minutes, 88 ounces of water
  • 35 mins March Madness 5K plus Warm up and Cool down
  • 33 mins Walk with Dogs
  • 30 mins Yoga and meditation
Sunday: 147 minutes, 90 ounces of water

  • 50 mins of walking and hiking
  • 67 mins walking with the beagles while they looked for bunnies to chase
  • 30 mins of yoga


Looking forward to Week 3!!

2 comments:

jillconyers said...

WTG with week 2!

A challenge will do it every time :)

RunToTheFinish said...

yeahh!! I love to hear that, so glad you are finding this is getting you in the groove